[Reblogged from Lukas Blakk’s Blog “Creating a Mozilla workshop for beginner Hacking of Mobile HTML5 Games”] Dare 2B Digital is an annual South Bay conference that brings 300 young women ages 12-16 together to encourage them to consider STEM fields in college by coming together for a full day of inspiring talks and workshops showcasing women’s work and relevance in technology. For the past three conferences I have signed Mozilla up as a sponsor and created a workshop that is run 3 times that day and reaches about 80-100 attendees. Last year I created kits for participants to learn about soft circuit hacking and lighting up felt foxes, the year before I taught Universal Subtitles and Popcorn before it was even a 1.0 product yet. I’m always trying to keep our workshops current and, if possible, on the bleeding edge of whatever Mozilla is working on. The participants get a taste of one exciting aspect of what is happening RIGHT NOW in open technology. Read more on Lukas Blakk’s blog…
- Eight Amazing Silicon Valley Student Teams Win 2019 Dare 2B Digital Design Challenge!
- Three Student Teams From Downey Middle Schools Solve Real-World Problems to Win the Dare 2B Digital Design Challenge
- Grab Your Virtual Reality Headset and Discover New Worlds at the Inaugural #dare2bdigital Conference Oct. 8th
- SF Bay Area’s Brightest Young Innovators Win 2016 Dare 2B Digital Design Challenge
- Record Attendance at #Dare2BDigital Conference Silicon Valley